CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
Categories of Personal Information Collected. The personal information that JTI collects, or has collected from consumers in the last 12 months, includes the following categories under the CCPA:
- Identifiers, such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- Personal information, such as a date of birth, and last 4 digits of social security number;
- Age or other protected classifications;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing and search history on the Website, and your interaction with the Website or our advertisements;
- Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer (depending on your settings and permissions);
- Audio or visual information, such as images and videos you share with us;
- Education or professional information, for example if you apply for a job with JTI or our affiliates; and
- Inference data.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business or Commercial Purpose. The categories of personal information that JTI has disclosed about California residents in the last 12 months include:
- Identifiers such as your name, address, phone number;
- Personal information, last 4 digits of social security number shared with a age verification service;
- Your age or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as in connection with digital advertising, or if we use a service provider to help provide analytics about the Website;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio or visual information; and
- Education or professional information, for example if we utilize a recruiting company or post job openings on a third-party site.
Right to Know. You may request the following information from us:
- The categories of personal information that JTI collects, uses, discloses, and sells, as applicable;
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling (if applicable) the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom JTI has shared personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. California residents may request that we delete your personal information. Note that deletion requests are subject to certain limitations, for example, we may keep personal information as required or permitted by law, if you are JTI customer, and to process transactions or facilitate customer requests.
Right to Opt Out. California residents may request that we do not sharing any personal information in a way that would constitute a “sale” under the CCPA. Please click here to submit a request to opt out of the sale of your personal information. As the Website is intended for persons age 21 and over, we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under age 16.
Submitting a CCPA Request. To make a request for information about the collection of your personal information, or access to or deletion of your personal information, please click here.
Authorized Agent. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
Protection Against Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you in price or service if you exercise your CCPA rights.